New stores will be opening in Chicago and San Francisco according to job postings and later confirmation by an Amazon spokesperson. The retailer confirmed the news after recently putting up an ad seeking for store managers for outlets in both cities.
The company confirmed Monday that Amazon Go stores would open in the two cities, but didn't say when.
Remember the Amazon Go store in Seattle? There are still no more announcements about when future stores will be ready for the general public, but real-estate tracker Curbed has hunted down the locations selected by Amazon. The company had already identified potential locations in Los Angeles and Seattle.
Ever since the opening of the first Amazon Go store this past January, there have been hints from executives that expansion is a given.
Amazon Go is the online retail pioneer's attempt to reinvent the physical store with the same mindset that brought one-click shopping to the internet.
Customers, who need to have Amazon's Go smartphone app, swipe their phone on the way into the store. Any person with an Amazon account and the Amazon Go app can simply grab anything they want and walk out, without going through a checkout line. People are expecting more from this store in terms of product availability, variety and niche grocery items.
Inside the Amazon Go store in Seattle.
Staff won't include cashiers, but plenty of human employees will be needed to restock shelves, check ID for wine and work as extra security.
- Divinity Original Sin 2 trial heads to Xbox Game Preview tomorrow
- Mother's Day weather: Sunny and warm, with highs in the mid-80s
- MH370 captain 'deliberately evaded radar' during final moments of doomed flight
- Tesla with Autopilot slams into truck stopped at red light
- BJP surges in Karnataka, Congress stunned
- Aston Martin DB11 AMR breaks cover
- Clay's Clayne Crawford replaced by Seann William Scott on Lethal Weapon
- Jared Kushner left humiliated over Jerusalem embassy speech, Twitter erupts Video
- Subaru's first plug-in hybrid will be the XV, thanks to Toyota
- Honor to launch a new smartphone on May 22 in India