Manchester City outcast Joe Hart has been told he will not be part of England's squad to the World Cup in Russian Federation, according to Sky Sports. Such is the case of England where every position has more than four good players.
The 31 year-old's probable omission from the England squad is not altogether surprising, but certainly welcome, with Southgate seemingly choosing players in form, rather than by name and previous pedigree.
England last year won both the under-20 and under-17 versions of the World Cup, and Lineker said there is "no question" that the national team will be challenging for senior titles in the coming years.
Doubts over his possible selection have also intensified due to the impressive performances of Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope, Everton's Jordan Pickford and Stoke's Jack Butland, and it now appears that Hart himself has had the news confirmed to him.
Pope has been sensational since making his Premier League debut after Tom Heaton picked up an injury.
Southgate reveals his 23-man squad for the tournament in Russian Federation on Wednesday.
- Kia to Launch New Sportage with EcoDynamics+ Diesel Mild Hybrid in 2018
- I love Eurovision, but Jerusalem 2019 will be no cause for celebration
- Prosecution Drops Felony Case Against Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens
- Pompeo - US to lift sanctions if North Korea dismantles nuclear weapons programme
- Melania Trump doing really well after surgery, says husband Donald Trump
- Ex-Trinidad and Tobago defender Jlloyd Samuel dies at 37
- Apple's autonomous fleet is now the second-largest in the USA
- With few options, Iran and Europe try to save nuclear deal
- Russian Federation take Romania's place in Ireland's Rugby World Cup pool after investigation
- Fast Growing Mega Black Hole Discovered by Researchers