According to The Hollywood Reporter, del Toro will personally curate the stories for the series, which aims to be both sophisticated and horrific, with stand-alone scares along the lines of the defunct Masters Of Horror show.
Guillermo's animated series Trollhunters is now streaming on Netflix.
The streaming giant has handed out a straight-to-series order for Guillermo del Toro's 10 After Midnight, an individual episodic horror anthology from the Oscar victor behind The Shape of Water. "The Shape of Water" producer J. Miles Dale and Gary Ungar of Exile Entertainment are set to join del Toro as an executive producer on the project.
The series will be Guillermo's first live-action show on the streaming service and will be Netflix's first horror anthology series.
Del Toro can only hope that his series will meet with the same enthusiasm as "Black Mirror".
Del Toro will write and direct certain episodes, as well as pick the writers and directors for the rest of them. His big-screen credits also include Pan's Labyrinth, the Hellboy franchise, Blade II and Pacific Rim.
We don't have a release date or an episode count for 10 After Midnight just yet, but it will hopefully arrive sometime in the next year or so. The film was nominated for 13 Oscars and took home wins in the Best Picture, Best Director, Best Production Design, and Best Original Music Score categories. In addition, he will hand-pick a team of top horror writers and new filmmakers to bring his selection of stories to life.
- Oil slips from multi-year highs as USA rig count rises
- Sherpa guides scale Everest to pave way for others climbers
- What You Need to Know About the Iran Deal
- Courageous mum shoots gunman attempting to rob parents outside school
- US Pro-Israel Groups Express Delight at Jerusalem Embassy Opening
- Google Drive's new plans bring family sharing and more options
- Bali, Jakarta on highest alert after Surabaya bomb attacks
- 'Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD' Renewed For Season 6 By ABC
- Nanny gets life in prison without parole for killing 2 children
- USA and North Korea in 'complete agreement' on summit objectives: Pompeo