The original show the series is based on ran from 1965 to 1968.
Netflix's Lost in Space stars Toby Stephens (Black Sails), Molly Parker (House of Cards), Maxwell Jenkins (Betrayal), Mina Sundwall (Maggie's Plan), Taylor Russell (Falling Skies), Ignacio Serricchio (The Wedding Ringer), and Parker Posey (A Mighty Wind). All of this is to say:Lost in Space is one of Netflix's most valuable "original" productions, so a renewal was nigh inevitable.
The announcement did not give any further information about when Lost in Space season two will be released, with the message and video only promising "More Danger, Will Robinson".
Series co-creator Matt Sazama revealed last month that he and collaborator Burk Sharpless had already begun planning a second season, and were merely waiting for a green light from Netflix. "If you look at Will throughout the first 10 episodes, he goes through an incredible arc".
Set 30 years in the future, Lost in Space follows the Robinson family after their exploratory space vessel hits an unidentified phenomenon that strands them on an unexplored planet.
But they soon find themselves torn off course on the way to their new home and must work together in survive in a risky alien environment, lightyears away from their destination.
The unsettlingly charismatic Dr. Smith (Parker Posey) is a master manipulator with an inscrutable end game.
- Fallen officer's son gets police escort to school
- Trump talks on phone with Singapore PM
- Amazon Go stores are coming to Chicago and San Francisco
- American Airlines bans hedgehogs, goats and other comfort animals from flights
- Roberto Mancini to talk to Mario Balotelli about Italy return
- Google employees resign in protest of Google/pentagon drone program ars_ab.settitle(1308809)
- Meryl Streep to Star in Panama Papers Movie from Steven Soderberg
- Gas prices are rising
- Apple's autonomous fleet is now the second-largest in the USA
- Lewis Hamilton 'rejuvenated' after Spanish Grand Prix win