Vanessa Kirby, who won the Best Supporting Actress award for her portrayal of Princess Margaret in The Crown, opted for a delicately embellished gown by Dior. 'I just felt like the luckiest person in the world to get to play a character who was so colourful, vivid, fearless and strong, ' she said.
The award for factual series went to Ambulance, and Love Island won for reality or constructed factual.
Moving on to Doctor Who, she joked about Jodie Whittaker taking over the Tardis. "For me Jodie was the flawless choice because if this year has taught us one thing it's that if anyone can fight off monsters it's actors".
There is a threshold of six installments to qualify as a drama series at these kudos; the cap is 19, after which a show is deemed to be a continuing drama. Murder in Successville won for comedy entertainment program.
It was not a successful night for diverse nominees.
The Handmaid's Tale was the victor in the category of global series.
In comedy, This Country took the big win, while performance nods went to Daisy May Cooper for This Country and Toby Jones for The Detectorists. Amazon Prime was snubbed completely from the awards.
"To be recognized for one's work is always special, but to be recognized by BAFTA is truly an honor", commented North, who's also appeared in other major franchises like Destiny, Assassin's Creed, and Call of Duty.
- SpaceX's upgraded rocket soars with satellite for Bangladesh
- 'The House That Jack Built' Trailer Shows Off Brutality
- Khloe Kardashian Explains Meaning of True Thompson's Name
- Broncos RB De'Angelo Henderson escapes serious injury after car crash
- Top House Republican backs opening Pennsylvania primaries to independent voters
- Fortnite Infinity Gauntlet Mode Ends Tomorrow, But Will It Ever Return?
- Vegas & Winnipeg haven't had a meeting like this since…
- Ireland vs Pakistan: Kevin O'Brien slams hundred on Test debut
- North Korean Delegation Visits China
- Former Sen. Harry Reid Undergoes Surgery for Pancreatic Cancer