Vanessa Kirby, who won the Best Supporting Actress award for her portrayal of Princess Margaret in The Crown, opted for a delicately embellished gown by Dior. 'I just felt like the luckiest person in the world to get to play a character who was so colourful, vivid, fearless and strong, ' she said.
The award for factual series went to Ambulance, and Love Island won for reality or constructed factual.
Moving on to Doctor Who, she joked about Jodie Whittaker taking over the Tardis. "For me Jodie was the flawless choice because if this year has taught us one thing it's that if anyone can fight off monsters it's actors".
There is a threshold of six installments to qualify as a drama series at these kudos; the cap is 19, after which a show is deemed to be a continuing drama. Murder in Successville won for comedy entertainment program.
It was not a successful night for diverse nominees.
The Handmaid's Tale was the victor in the category of global series.
In comedy, This Country took the big win, while performance nods went to Daisy May Cooper for This Country and Toby Jones for The Detectorists. Amazon Prime was snubbed completely from the awards.
"To be recognized for one's work is always special, but to be recognized by BAFTA is truly an honor", commented North, who's also appeared in other major franchises like Destiny, Assassin's Creed, and Call of Duty.
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Cockpit Window Breaks at 32000 Feet
- UFC's Tim Kennedy Waterboards Himself to Prove 'It's Not Torture'
- Sharif's statement 'incorrect': Pakistan civil-military brass
- SpaceX's upgraded rocket soars with satellite for Bangladesh
- N Korea's nuclear site dismantling 'well under way': US monitor
- Vegas & Winnipeg haven't had a meeting like this since…
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo promises North Korea 'prosperous' future
- Alexa hits the desktop in new HP Envy PC
- Warnings of more lava and possible explosion at Hawaiian volcano
- Son steals the show in parents' proposal video