The brunette beauty from Canada was best known for playing Lois Lane in four Superman movies with Christopher Reeve in the Seventies and Eighties.
Brandon Routh, who portrayed Superman in 2006's Superman Returns, also hailed Kidder for openly discussing her own battles with mental health. The death cause 0f Margot is still unknown and she was found dead at her home.
He wrote in a post shared on Twitter with his 8,878 followers: "Margot lived at the foot of Canyon Mountain, right outside of Livingston". She went on to reprise the part in the movie's three sequels.
Stars are taking to social media to pay tribute to Superman actress Margot Kidder, who has died aged 69. She was arrested at the White House in 2011 during a protest against the construction of an oil pipeline from Alberta to Texas.
Margot Kidder in a scene from TV series Robson Arms.
Kidder's full name was Margaret Ruth "Margot" Kidder and she was born in Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories province of Canada, but became a United States citizen in 2005.
Superman was a superhero blockbuster two decades before comic book movies became the norm at the top of the box office. And it had something to do with the innocence of the storytelling. "So they would make these artistic decisions by non-artists - guys would want to hit the millennial demographic because they literally make up about one quarter of the population". With her citizenship, Kidder was an activist and challenged the Iraq War. And of course she remains the best Lois Lane in the magical "Superman" & "Superman II".
In this April 9, 1979 file photo, actress Margot Kidder, left, and actor Christopher Reeve appear at the 51st Annual Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.
The official handle of DC Comics tweeted, "Thank you for being the Lois Lane so many of us grew up with".
She was married and divorced three times and is survived by her only child, daughter Maggie, and three children.
That's the kind of superpower people remember forever.
- Scientists inject one snail's memories into another's brain
- Emenalo exit affected Chelsea - Conte
- Warm & Humid Today, Sct'd Storms Tonight
- 'The House That Jack Built' Trailer Shows Off Brutality
- Aston Martin DB11 AMR breaks cover
- Giants' Eli Manning settles memorabilia fraud case, report says
- Road rage case: Sidhu held guilty, fined but spared jail term
- Cameron Smith retires from representative rugby league
- Ed Sheeran Emerges Highest British Music Earner In 2017
- Kaspersky to move user data to new Swiss centre by end