After screening at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival, where it's a strong contender for competition of the Palme d'Or, the first trailer for writer-director Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman has now arrived for your viewing pleasure.
"I thought about "Malcolm X", "Inside Man" [and] "25th Hour", and Spike just has an ability to do tension right, to do the moments of levity right, to deliver a social message and a punch", Peele told THR.
The very unusual true story of a black detective, Ron Stallworth (John David Washington), who managed to infiltrate the KKK with careful deception, it's (by the look of things) the sort of satire for which Lee's prankster sensibilities might be especially well-attuned.
Take a look at the trailer for the upcoming film below. BlacKkKlansman stars John David Washington as Ron Stallworth, a cop who's new to the force in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and who infiltrates the Klu Klux Klan by pretending to be white. With the undercover investigation growing ever more complex, Stallworth's colleague, Flip Zimmerman (Adam Driver), poses as Ron in face-to-face meetings with members of hate group, gaining insider's knowledge of a deadly plot. BlacKkKlansman is produced by the team behind the Academy-Award® winning Get Out.
BlacKkKlansman hits theaters August 10, via Focus Features.
"BlacKkKlansman" arrives in theatres on August 10; you can check out the trailer above.
- Kylie Jenner's Former Bodyguard Debunks 'Disrespectful' Baby Rumors
- Goldman Sees Oil Exports Giving US Leverage in Iran Sanctions
- Jose Mourinho Unsure Of Anthony Martial Injury Return Date
- Family Planning NSW hit by ransomware attack
- Steam Controller gains Bluetooth LE to support the Steam Link app
- What You Need to Know About the Iran Deal
- Dozens killed in Gaza protests as US Embassy opens in Jerusalem
- Oil prices boom to highest levels in more than 3 years
- F1: Lewis Hamilton wins Spanish GP, Sebastian Vettel fourth
- Rihanna's response to being asked about Prince Harry's wedding was brilliant