The airline is also trialling Amazon's chatbot technology with Amazon Lex, to help automate some customer support requests.
All in all, the decision means that Amazon joins the considerable number of technology giants who have already explored what blockchain has to offer, including Microsoft or Facebook.
"We will give them an easy to use platform to further build their firm on Blockchain".
Rising Star Partner: Minfy Technologies Private Limited Source has won the award for enabling multiple SAP implementations for customers, growing field resources by 400 percent, ramping up their services on the cloud, and developing their AWS business.
"Customers are running into a common set of problems and pitfalls as they invest significant time and money in their blockchain projects", says Steve Cerveny, Enterprise Lead at ConsenSys and Founder of the Kaleido Blockchain Business Cloud platform.
"They've been looking for partners to help get blockchain into their customers' hands", Cerveny said.
Innovation Partner: Freshworks Private Limited has won the award for the innovative use of AWS services to create advanced solutions for their customers, such as FreshCaller which integrates with Amazon Connect, a contact center as a service (CCaS) solution.
"We look forward to continuing our work with Verizon as their preferred public cloud provider, helping them to continually transform their business and innovate on behalf of their customers", Mike Clayville, AWS's VP of Worldwide Commercial Sales, said in a statement.
He however, added that deploying blockchain technology will heighten Amazon's horizon and give it an edge over other technology giants.
"This is a heavy duty, full stack way of getting the company into blockchain solutions", he continued.
"Three years ago we were getting calls from companies trying to spell blockchain and trying to order one in a color because their boss told them they should get a blockchain", Lubin said.
More recently, AWS announced a new service this past April to provide out-of-the-box blockchain networks based on the Ethereum network and Hyperledger Fabric protocol. Kaleido is also compatible with many of Amazon's existing web services, including Amazon Athena, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud and others.
- Overwatch Hits 40 Million Players, Reveals New Map Details
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Kings XI Punjab
- OIC to meet in Istanbul Friday to mull Israel violence
- Metro Exodus Has Been Officially Delayed to 2019
- Watch Stephen Piscotty homer in return from bereavement leave
- Oil dips on signs of ample supply despite OPEC cuts, Iran sanctions
- No Positive Change in Bengaluru Assembly Polls This Year
- BSNL introduces Rs 118 prepaid plan to counter Jio, Airtel and Idea
- Pirates' Marte leaves due to side injury
- More than 60 people from Windrush generation may have been wrongly deported