"We never try to cause harm or had bad intentions with the song".
While many people saw that this was Rita's way of coming out as bisexual herself, other identifying LGBTQ+ musicians saw the song as harmful to the community and reminded them of the days when they hadn't come out yet and were afraid to.
The blonde beauty added: 'I have had romantic relationships with women and men throughout my life and this is my personal journey'. "I [thought] the song was a good song and i remember my experience", she posted.
She continued to explain that in the past, her lack of awareness has caused her to use terms considered offensive to the LGBTQ+ community. "I apologize for that.Not everybody knows the correct 'terms 'to use". I grew up in a small city where people always said "d*ke" so I thought it was an okay thing to say but when I moved away I quickly learned it was offensive. On the surface, "Girls" is a saucy, bubble-gum, feel-good pop song with a soaring hook, a satisfyingly crunchy rap feature from Cardi ("I'm so sexy I seduce myself") and smooth-as-butter vocal additions from Charli and Bebe.
After a barrage of backlash, Ora, 27, has released a statement insisting she never meant to offend, The Sun reports.
And Rita Ora looked like she had put the backlash behind her as she headed out for lunch in Manchester on Tuesday ahead of her stage performance.
Cardi is back to tweeting as normal, including promotion of her "Invastion of Privacy" album and woes of pregnancy, however she's not back on Instagram yet. & have met them all and respect them. "'Girls' was written to express my truth and is an accurate account of a very real and honest experience in my life", she wrote.
- NIA Court convicts 18 in Vagamon SIMI arms training camp case
- Sephiroth Descends on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 'EU paid Airbus $18bn in illegal subsidies'
- Newcastle owner Mike Ashley pledges 'every penny generated' to Rafa Benitez
- Koreans visit Beijing to learn about China's reforms
- UK Jobless Rate Lowest Since 1975
- Ramadan 2018: How do you say happy Ramadan in Arabic?
- California Solar Forecast Bumped By 14% Over 4 Years By Solar Mandate
- Cardi B Deletes Instagram Account Over Feud with Azealia Banks
- Mikel, Lokosa, Ajiboye top Eagles' World Cup provisional list