The stunning sparkly, backless dress by designer Elie Saab was paired with a box purse and statement earrings.
With high heels being the standard red carpet tradition, Kristen choosing to shed remove them midway not only shocked us but took the world by surprise too. But, as it started to rain, Kristen headed toward the stairs removing her heels in order to get there a little quicker.
The dress from Zuhair Murad's Spring '18 Couture collection features long sleeves and full skirt. Luckily for Kristen, she had the flawless black polish on her nails and her shoe removal gave them some time to shine.
On a quirkier footing, actress Cate Blanchett opted for multi-colour elements as she attended the BlacKkKlansman screening.
Filmmakers protest in solidarity with Palestine at Cannes
Palestinian filmmaker Annemarie Jacir led a rally at the Cannes Film Festival yesterday to show solidarity with the 60 people killed in the Gaza protests, on the same day as the opening of the United States embassy in Jerusalem.
In 2014, actress Emma Thompson famously carried her heels on stage at the Golden Globes while also holding a martini glass when she appeared to present an award.
She once again addressed the issue in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in 2017, "There's definitely, like, a distinct dress code, right?" We shouldn't be wearing high heels anyway.
Cannes 2018 festival which is famous for its red carpet moments faced several wardrobe malfunctions. Plus, as most other people who've rocked heels at an event before can understand, sometimes shoes get uncomfortable and are hard to move in. It's just like you simply can not ask me to do something that you are not asking him.
- Guatemala opens embassy in Jerusalem after USA move
- Stan Lee Files $1 Billion Lawsuit Against POW! Entertainment
- Nikki Bella Reacts To John Cena's Emotional "Today Show" Interview From Yesterday
- Hillary Clinton warns Australia on Chinese 'influence peddling'
- Allardyce sacked as Everton manager
- Watch Stephen Piscotty homer in return from bereavement leave
- Why the Premier League transfer window is opening earlier this year
- Novartis Says General Counsel to Retire After Cohen Payments
- PM Narendra Modi pans TMC government over panchayat poll violence
- Graves: Current formats not attracting audiences