The Dallas Morning News reports Sidney Bouvier Gilstrap-Portley was arrested Friday after authorities say he pretended to be 17-year-old "Rashun Richardson" and enrolled at two high schools-first Skyline in August, then Hillcrest in October, where he joined that school's basketball team and was voted District 11-5A's offensive player of the year.
Sidney Gilstrap Portley was enrolled in two Dallas high schools for nearly nine months, claiming to be a Hurricane Harvey refugee.
The reasons for his enrollment in Dallas ISD, and for the transfer, weren't immediately clear.
Dallas Independent School District spokeswoman Robyn Harris reveals how "he took that as an opportunity to gain access to our schools".
Sidney Bouvier Gilstrap-Portley was arrested on Friday on a charge of tampering with government records.
The mother of a Hillcrest High freshman said that her daughter started dating Portley in January.
Gilstrap-Portley appears to have played basketball for the Dallas Christian Crusaders of the National Christian College Athletic Association during the 2013-14 season after graduating from North Mesquite High School in 2011. According to Preston Hollow People, Gilstrap-Portley (as Richardson) most recently scored 17 points during an opening-round playoff game.
The last day he showed up to class was April 25, the district said. "He was fairly savvy to be able to utilize that type of position, knowing that we were accepting Harvey students". One of Gilstrap-Portley's coaches from Mesquite recognized him at a tournament and pointed him out to the Hillcrest head coach.
- Teacher on leave after drowning raccoons during class
- Diego Maradona named chairman of Belarusian football club
- Trump discloses payment to Cohen in financial form
- IPL: Punjab opt to field vs Mumbai
- TI arrested for alleged public drunkenness
- Apple demands $1 Billion from Samsung for design patent violations
- Netanyahu Shuts Down CBS When They Ask If He'd Talk to Hamas: Would You Meet With Al-Qaeda?
- Spike Lee blasts Trump for not condemning the Klan and Alt-Right
- How Much Iranian Oil Can Trump Disrupt?
- John Abraham Roped In For Batla House