The following content is sourced from external partners.
Three militants were killed and one injured when eight terrorists attacked a police headquarters in Indonesia's Riau province on Wednesday, police said. Suddenly the militants exited the auto and immediately stage strikes with swords against policemen, provincial police spokesman Sunarto said. "Suddenly people wearing masks got out and stabbed police officers at the scene", said Doddy Vladimir, Tribun Pekanbaru reporter.
According to reports from journalists at the scene, who were covering another story right before the attack, a white Toyota Avanza smashed into the outer fence of the police headquarters.
"The one who escaped has been captured and secured at Pekanbaru police station", Wasisto said.
Television images showed what was reportedly the bodies of four suspects lying on the ground.
The police shot two of them, Doddy said.
Media said one attacker may have had a bomb strapped to his body but police did not immediately confirm the reports.
Authorities in Indonesia say a police outpost on Sumatra Island was attacked Wednesday.
A day later, a family of five carried out a suicide bombing attack on a police headquarters in Surabaya that left 10 people wounded, including four policemen and six civilians.
The attacks are the worst in the world's biggest Muslim-majority country since the bombing of tourist-packed restaurants in Bali in 2005.
- 23 missing as boat capsizes in Godavari river
- MGOLF: Bulldogs Slip To 13th In NCAA Bryan Regional
- City's brilliance lights up season as Wenger bows out
- 'Roseanne' Will Reportedly Be Moving Away From Politics Next Season
- World's first two-headed baby deer found in the United States
- Stardew Valley Is Out For PlayStation Vita Next Week
- White House eliminates cybersecurity coordinator position
- Cowen Begins Coverage on Kulicke and Soffa Industries (KLIC)
- Coinbase launches suite of products for institutional investors
- A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO THE China Manned Electric Aircraft MARKET: 2018