"Don't say I didn't warn you!" cracked Richards, who has lived in Weston, Connecticut for several decades with his wife, former model Patti Hansen. "I pulled out my trusty blade, stuck it in the table and said: 'You've got to get rid of this man'".
As Huffington Post reports, Richards and the other Rolling Stones are preparing to embark on the next leg of their "No Filter" world tour, and they're talking to the press - perhaps aptly, without filters.
Richards relayed a story about how back in '89, the Stones were on their Steel Wheels tour when it rolled through Atlantic City.
Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones poses for photographers as the band arrives for the opening of the new exhibit "Exhibitionism: The Rolling Stones" in the Manhattan borough of New York City, U.S., November 15, 2016.
But the band wanted nothing to do with him ― and when Trump turned up, Richards ordered Cohl to get rid of him.
Cohl gave a similar version of events to the Los Angeles Times years ago. "One of us is leaving the building - either him, or us".
When Richards found out, the knife came out, Cohl said. Do I have to go over there and fire him myself?
Stones frontman Mick Jagger also weighed in on the president - wondering why on earth he chose the Stone's downbeat, drug-soaked classic "You Can't Always Get What You Want" for his campaign.
"He used it on everything", Jagger said.
"It's a amusing song for a play-out song ― a drowsy ballad about drugs in Chelsea!"
Jagger says he's still enjoying being a rock star but admits he doesn't know what else he could do. "It's kind of weird".
- Budget laid in Senate
- What Kenya's show at US Jerusalem embassy shift means
- Sporting Lisbon condemn fans after players attacked during training
- North Carolina AG Joins Other States In Suing Opioid Manufacturer
- Lightning dominate Capitals in Game 3 to get back into series
- Manchester City complete record-breaking Premier League season
- England announces 12-man squad for first test match against Pakistan
- STALKER 2 is in development, plans to release in 2021
- Under construction flyover collapses in Varanasi, several feared death
- Circuit attorney is incompetent, should be disbarred