Four members of his family have also sustained minor injuries, police said.
He got injured after a wall collapsed on him while he was sleeping in his house.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a thunderstorm alert after a massive dust storm hit Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR) early Wednesday morning. The police received almost 60 calls related to uprooted trees, fallen electricity polls and wall collapses across the region.
Earlier on April 14, a huge dust storm accompanied with gusty winds and squall wreaked havoc in the national capital Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Areas of Jind, Rohtak, Panipat, Alwar, Bagpat, Meerut and Aligarh may witness light rain with thunderstorm early on Wednesday, the weather department had said earlier.
The latest devastation comes almost two weeks after dust and thunderstorm claimed 134 lives injured 400 people in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttarakhand and Punjab on May 2.
Thunderstorms, dust storms, rainfall during summers have been a normal phenomenon in northern India.
Some reports are saying that Thunderstorms also occurred at isolated places in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Assam, Meghalaya, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) had said yesterday.
Subsequently on May 9, several parts of Uttar Pradesh were struck by a severe storm that left 18 dead and 27 others injured.
The high-velocity winds resulted in several trees being uprooted and also brought down many electric poles causing power outages in the capital city.
- Emilia Clarke: Stop Referring to Female Characters as 'Strong,' It's Sexist
- Nikki Bella Reacts To John Cena's Emotional "Today Show" Interview From Yesterday
- Volvo's the latest to ditch diesel
- Delta plans new services as deal ends Gulf acrimony
- Stan Lee Files $1 Billion Lawsuit Against POW! Entertainment
- Backlash at 'powerlessness' president in wake of Paris knife attack — MACRON SAVAGED
- Guatemala opens embassy in Jerusalem after USA move
- Hero canine rescues his pal from drowning in pool in viral video
- Iran foreign minister scrambles to China and Russian Federation to save nuclear deal
- Pa. Sen. Scott Wagner Wins GOP Nomination To Challenge Gov. Tom Wolf