Microsoft has finally completed the testing of the microcode updates on Windows 10 and today the company has released the Intel firmware update to all supported devices.
Microsoft is now working on a resolution that will allow the April 2018 Update on these devices in the near future.
After upgrading to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, some users of devices with Toshiba XG4 Series, Toshiba XG5 Series, and Toshiba BG3 Series SSD drives experienced degraded battery life. The Intel microcode update is only available for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) and Windows Server 2016 Version 1803 (Server Core).
Microsoft is working with OEM partners and Intel to identify and block devices with Intel SSD 600p Series or Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series from installing the April 2018 Update due to a known incompatibility that may cause performance and stability issues.
Lonnie_L noted that a fix for the issues is set for early June. Microsoft has yet to publish a blog post to announce what's new in this release, so in the meantime you may want to keep an eye on the Windows Insider blog for more details.
All three updates are available via Windows' automatic update installer or as separate update packages via the Microsoft Update Catalog portal.
Meanwhile, if you have one of these Toshiba drives, and you've already upgraded to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, then subsequently noticed a drop in your battery life, you may want to revert back to the previous version of Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update).
- UEFA prepares to fight Saudi-backed Club World Cup plan
- Rahul Gandhi criticise Narendra Modi government over petrol price hike
- Pa. Sen. Scott Wagner Wins GOP Nomination To Challenge Gov. Tom Wolf
- Metro Exodus Has Been Officially Delayed to 2019
- Hillary Clinton warns Australia on Chinese 'influence peddling'
- Volvo's the latest to ditch diesel
- IShares MSCI Pacific ex Japan ETF (EPP) Declines 1.23% for May 15
- Overwatch Hits 40 Million Players, Reveals New Map Details
- Uddhav Thackeray dares BJP to fight polls with ballot
- Family in agony after baby dies at Gaza protest