"If he ends up in Madrid it would be a tough blow for us and for all of Barcelona".
Messi, though, says he is not interested in striving to be acknowledged as the very best, even though watching Ronaldo and Madrid prepare for a third European final in a row has given him an extra drive to succeed.
The Argentine continued: 'I don't compete with Cristiano.
"It's not an objective to be the best in history".
He said: 'But I don't want to say that I am happy with these kinds of comparisons, because each of them was at top level for 10 or 11 years. The defender has been in form this season by displaying a classic performance for the Reds and he is set to give himself a real test against the world's best players when they clash.
"I don't need to go to another team to prove anything to anybody, "Messi said".
Both Marcelo and Neymar were named in Brazilian manager Tite's 23-man squad for the World Cup this summer, but the left-back has revealed that talk in Russian Federation will be exclusively fixed on the tournament and not on club football.
Neymar collected an award in Paris on Sunday for being the Best Ligue 1 Player, having scored 19 goals and laid on 13 assists, and he has reportedly already met with new PSG boss Thomas Tuchel to discuss his future.
- Malaysia's Anwar Ibrahim pardoned, walks out of hospital
- Golfer allegedly attacked by wife over 'poor round'
- Circuit attorney is incompetent, should be disbarred
- Europeans must guarantee benefits to Iran of nuclear deal - Zarif
- Manchester City complete record-breaking Premier League season
- 1 killed, 2 injured in Aliso Viejo office building explosion
- Budget laid in Senate
- Ukraine searches Russian state media offices: Kiev
- China foresees new achievements for Malaysia under Dr M's leadership
- North Carolina AG Joins Other States In Suing Opioid Manufacturer