Swansea City were relegated as Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah set the record for most goals scored in a 38-game season on the final day of the Premier League campaign. However, a surprise 5-4 defeat in their penultimate fixture against Levante saw them blow their 43-game unbeaten run.
"They don't only say you're brilliant, they give an Oscar, and an award for this, award for that".
A top-four finish is the least Liverpool would expect to achieve given their performances throughout the season.
According to Opta, Liverpool's prolific marksman Salah tallied 24.34 xG in the Premier League this season, but netted 32 times for a difference of +7.66. "I think especially the last few weeks were really hard".
If Actual have an unquantifiable quantity of streetwise-ness within the competitors, Liverpool can boast probably the most prolific attacking trio in Champions League historical past.
Liverpool's players have been given 48 hours off following the win over Brighton, and on Wednesday will fly to Marbella for a warm-weather training and team bonding camp - something Wijnaldum is looking forward to.
If you look at the two most hard away games at the moment, due to the way they play, are Manchester City and Liverpool. "It is really hard to stay focused but he was focused". It remains to be seen what lineup he goes with for the Brighton game but a strong lineup is expected.
Liverpool should fancy their chances of getting at least a point, bearing in mind that they are yet to lose a game at Anfield in the league this season. "We did not talk much; I just said "hi" to him, and he told me that he was happy for me". Isco was back, Carvajal will be ready for the final, Ronaldo may even get some minutes in the last game of the season, and things are going well in that department.
"We showed the kind of football we couldn't show the last few games".
Although one factor to elude Salah this season - to date - is a serious trophy.
- Sephiroth Descends on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Republican governors back Trump's nomination for Nobel peace prize
- Koreans visit Beijing to learn about China's reforms
- World Health Organization wants trans fats in food eliminated
- Pilot 'sucked halfway out' of cockpit window mid-flight
- Hue Jackson to jump into Lake Erie for charity
- 'It's not a successful season for Manchester United' - Gary Neville's brutal assessment
- Police must gain public trust on facial recognition tech
- Thousand line parade route as Manchester City celebrate Premier League title success
- Facebook has already removed 583 million fake accounts this year