Mario Gotze is another notable omission, with the 25-year-old failing to make the 35-man roster just four years after scoring the winning goal in the World Cup final in Brazil. He is one of four goalkeepers to be selected as Germany coach Joachim Loew gives him every chance of proving his fitness for the tournament in Russian Federation. "And after the training camp, we want to talk fair and square". "He is a great player but he wasn't in form", Loew said.
The title-holders will have to submit their final 23-man squad including three goalkeepers on June 4.
"Marco is a special weapon, he has special gifts", Loew said.
The Borussia Dortmund striker scored in extra time against Argentina in 2014 to seal Germany's fourth World Cup.
Loew also opted to stick with the experienced Mario Gomez as his second-choice striker behind Timo Werner and picked Freiburg's Nils Petersen ahead of Sandro Wagner.
Midfielders: Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Paris Saint-Germain), Leon Goretzka (Schalke), Ilkay Gundogan (Manchester City), Sami Khedira (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Mesut Oezil (Arsenal), Sebastian Rudy (Bayern Munich).
"This is a big responsibility to continue developing players", the 58-year-old said after German football association, or DFB, president Reinhard Grindel said they had agreed to extend their current deal by 2 more years.
Germany will start their World Cup campaign on 17 June, with Mexico, Sweden and South Korea in their group F.
"I would like to be the coach who brings Italy back to the top".
- Alfie Evans: parents' legal battle to keep son on life support
- Jets' road success to be tested in Vegas
- Market Trajectory Of Global Electric Shaver (Razor) : Forecast Period 2018
- LeBron James flaunts incredible memory with detailed account of Boston Celtics run
- Cavs aiming to be better in Game 2 vs. Celtics
- Soyinka urges EFCC to go after past Nigerian leaders
- Senate Democrats push to block net neutrality repeal using Congressional Review Act
- Coinbase launches suite of products for institutional investors
- Europa Final: Simeone Confident Despite Ban As Marseille Coach Chases History
- Research says Multiverse may not be a non-supporter of life