According to the manual on the working of the VVPAT-enabled EVMs, when entries made in the result sheet of election are announced, any candidate, or in his absence, his election agent or any of his counting agents may apply in writing to the Returning Officer (RO) to count the printed paper slips of VVPAT unit with respect to any polling station or all polling stations, reported Firstpost. The Police have also banned celebrations, processions and bursting of crackers around the 38 counting centers in the state.
Security personnel were deployed outside counting centers in Karnataka ahead of vote counting for the Assembly elections that took place on May 12 in the state.
Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, in that order, have been the highest poll-time spenders in the country, it said.
From all-women managed "Pink Booths" to the use of third generation Electronic Voting Machines, the assembly elections in Karnataka are marked by several firsts. Some have said the Congress led by its chief ministerial Siddaramaiah, will emerge as the single largest party, while the others have shown the BJP with maximum seats. It was 65 per cent in 2008 and 2004, 69 per cent in the 1989 and 1994 and 69 per cent in the 1990 elections, he said.
The election for the Jayanagara seat in Bengaluru was countermanded following the death of BJP candidate and sitting MLA B N Vijaykumar on May 4.
The election to the Rajarajeshwari Nagar seat has been deferred to May 28 after the seizure of fake voter cards from an apartment. Census India records that 41.1% of the population is below 18 years, which brings the eligible voters in the city to about 77.22 lakh.
"A single-phase polling began at 7.00 am in 222 of the 224 assembly constituencies, including 36 reserved for the Scheduled Castes (SC) and 15 for the Scheduled Tribes (ST)", said an official.
- More than 60 people from Windrush generation may have been wrongly deported
- Piers Morgan calls Meghan Markle's sister a 'vulture'
- Hillary Clinton warns Australia on Chinese 'influence peddling'
- Republican's campaign for Georgia governor includes 'deportation bus'
- PM Narendra Modi pans TMC government over panchayat poll violence
- Stan Lee Files $1 Billion Lawsuit Against POW! Entertainment
- Graves: Current formats not attracting audiences
- Watch the new trailer for Mission: Impossible - Fallout called "Payoff"
- Backlash at 'powerlessness' president in wake of Paris knife attack — MACRON SAVAGED
- Nikki Bella Reacts To John Cena's Emotional "Today Show" Interview From Yesterday