Beginning on May 22nd, a large event will take place to celebrate Overwatch's two year anniversary. Now, though, it looks as if the company has even more reason to commemorate the occasion, as Blizzard recently announced that the game has surpassed more than 40 million players since launch.
The new edition comes at a ideal time for new players considering picking up the game.
Overwatch and the Anniversary event will be playable during a Free Weekend, which will run from May 25 through May 29. "So, we have a lot of special stuff planned for this event".
In the developer update, Kaplan shared a few more details about the upcoming event, which kicks off on May 22.
"Petra is handsome. There are some really fun gameplay elements to it as well", Kaplan continued.
Jeff talks briefly about the new deathmatch map Petra which comes with a mega-health pack in the center of the map and it has a lot of "diversity". There's parts of the map that are great for open, long-range heroes. The developer update highlights, new free-for-all deathmatch map: PETRA, free-for-all competitive deathmatch season, a free Legendary Anniversary Loot Box, new Anniversary cosmetics and more. The Anniversary event it coincides with will not only offer new content, but also bring back old Brawl modes and make past event-specific cosmetics available once again. Players logging during the event will receive a bonus Legendary loot box, guaranteeing one Legendary item.
- Tamil Nadu TN HSC +2 Results 2018 declared at tnresults
- Emilia Clarke: Stop Referring to Female Characters as 'Strong,' It's Sexist
- Piers Morgan calls Meghan Markle's sister a 'vulture'
- Volvo's the latest to ditch diesel
- Republican's campaign for Georgia governor includes 'deportation bus'
- Metro Exodus Has Been Officially Delayed to 2019
- The NES and SNES Mini are coming back, pre-orders now open
- UEFA prepares to fight Saudi-backed Club World Cup plan
- Uddhav Thackeray dares BJP to fight polls with ballot
- Graves: Current formats not attracting audiences