The Blast spoke with Kaitlin Bennett, who commemorated her graduation at KSU over the weekend with a photo shoot highlighting her firepower.
Kaitlin Bennett posted the photo, which has more than 8,400 likes and 1,800 retweets, on Twitter Sunday night.
Bennett's comment about "4 unarmed students" referred to the May 4, 1970, shooting of students during a protest. The guardsmen opened fire, killing four students and wounding nine others. Kent State University's policy prevents students, staff, and faculty from carrying a firearm inside buildings an on the campus grounds.
Moreover, Kent State has a policy against allowing students to open carry on campus, although open carry is legal in Ohio.
She explained that now that she's a graduate of the university, "I can finally arm myself on campus".
Kent State University spokesman Eric Mansfield said once Bennett graduated, she was "no longer restricted under the policy as a student".
Mansfield famous that KSU has a full-time, licensed police pressure of greater than 30 sworn officers who shield the campus and the college was lately ranked the most secure large school campus in OH and the 25th most secure within the nation, in accordance with Nationwide Council for House Security and Safety.
The series of tweets brought about many harmful threats, according to Bennett, but she said she has no apologies for the photos. "These officers are visible, well-trained and on duty 24/7 in support of students, staff and faculty".
In another tweet, she made it clear that her gun is an AR-10 and not an "assault rifle". "As a woman, I refuse to be a victim & the second amendment ensures that I don't have to be".
"Wouldn't it be awkward if the people calling my AR-10 in my grad photos an "assault rifle" found out assault rifles are banned & the AR-10 fires at the same rate as any modern pistol?" she wrote.
"Don't speak about gun management", Bennett wrote, "when you'll be able to't even get your information straight".
- Star Wars boss wants to give Lando his own movie after all
- Spike Lee blasts Trump for not condemning the Klan and Alt-Right
- 'Designated Survivor': ABC President On "Hard" Cancellation Decision, "Creative Path Forward" Concerns
- Apple demands $1 Billion from Samsung for design patent violations
- John Abraham Roped In For Batla House
- Michigan State and Nassar victims reach $500M settlement
- HOOPS HOAX: Man, 25, allegedly posed as teen to play basketball
- Luc Eymael believes Sundowns can match Barcelona blow for blow
- Diego Maradona named chairman of Belarusian football club
- Battlefield V is the Next BF Game, to be Revealed Next Week