Bad weather and dust made observation hard, according to the TV channel.
The sighting of the new moon was carried out at 29 locations throughout the country.
Ramadan will begin on Thursday, according to the official moon-sighting committee.
He said that there are some Islamic countries that prefer to use telescopes to sight the Moon while other countries will only call Ramadan if the new Moon is spotted with the naked eye.
It is a period that the faithful undertake a dawn - dusk fasting which primarily entails abstinence from food, drink, marital intimacy and any such prohibitions as instructed by Allah (God).
Ramadan 2018 will begin in Saudi Arabia on Thursday, it has been announced.
He listed some member of the committee that could be contacted to include, Mallam Hafiz Wali Chairman 08036009090, Shaykh Tahir Bauchi 08032103733, 08033058201 Bauchi, Shaykh Kariballah Kabara 08035537382, Muhammad Nasir AbdulMuhyi 08065687545, 08024333381, Shaykh Habeebullahi Adam Abdullahi Al-Ilory 08023126335, Alhaji Abdul Hamid Oyebode 08037063923, Prof. After sunset the fast is broken with an evening meal called 'Iftar', often starting with few sips of water and handful of candies or dates.
From why the month of Ramadan moves to how it is celebrated, here is your guide to the holy month.
Fasting during Ramadan is one of the five obligatory pillars of Islam, along with the Muslim declaration of faith, daily prayer, annual charity - known as "zakat" - and performing the Hajj pilgrimage in Makkah. "We wish our Muslim friends and supporters a blessed month", concluded Hamad.
On the day, Muslims attend a special prayer in the morning at outdoor locations or mosques.
- Koreans visit Beijing to learn about China's reforms
- Police Retrieving Info From Cell Phone In Rachael DelTondo Murder Case
- Brexit: Scotland set to reject EU Withdrawal Bill
- Pilot 'sucked halfway out' of cockpit window mid-flight
- Thousand line parade route as Manchester City celebrate Premier League title success
- World Health Organization wants trans fats in food eliminated
- Facebook has already removed 583 million fake accounts this year
- Twitter to hide comments identified as 'trolling' from users
- Police must gain public trust on facial recognition tech
- Rihanna's intruder charged with three felonies