Researchers have uncovered two pages of Anne Frank's diary masked over with brown paper that contain jokes and musings about sex, prostitution and contraception.
Regarding sex, Frank talked about how when a young woman gets her period around the age of 14, it is a "sign that she is ripe to have relations with a man but one doesn't do that of course before one is married".
The 13-year-old scribbled the pages on September 28, 1942 - less than three months after she and her family went into hiding from the Nazis in the secret annex of an Amsterdam home. "They make it clear that Anne, with all her gifts, was above all an ordinary girl", he added, according to the Associated Press. He said these pages were important because they show Frank's first foray into trying to write in a more literary tone. After searching the house, he finds a naked man in the closet.
Now, through digital technology, researchers from the Anne Frank House museum and two other Dutch organizations have found that Frank hid four "dirty" jokes about sex and her perspective on sexual development, contraception, sex and prostitution.
The Anne Frank House Museum said at a presentation that it, and several Dutch historical institutes, were able to reproduce the lost pages after years of study by shining a light through them and photographing them in high resolution.
"She starts with an imaginary person whom she is telling about sex, so she creates a kind of literary environment to write about a subject she's maybe not comfortable with", he said.
"I sometimes imagine that someone would come to me and ask me to inform him about sexual subjects, how would I do that?", she wrote.
The diary of Anne Frank is the content of a diary book that Anne received from her parents on her 13th birthday in 1942.
But exactly when and exactly why Anne blocked out the pages will likely never be known.
Anne and her family were betrayed and deported to Germany.
She died aged 15 at Bergen-Belson concentration camp in 1945.
Her father, Otto Frank managed to survive the Holocaust and published his daughter's diary in 1947, in hopes it would become a revelation to the agony faced by Jews.
- NIA Court convicts 18 in Vagamon SIMI arms training camp case
- Tesla sets up unit in China - a step closer to EV production
- Cardi B Deletes Instagram Account Over Feud with Azealia Banks
- Under construction flyover collapses in Varanasi, several feared death
- Ramadan 2018: How do you say happy Ramadan in Arabic?
- Scottish Parliament rejects UK's Brexit bill
- Steve Bruce reaping benefits of Aston Villa 'big player' policy
- WOW prices its new India flights from $299 one-way
- IPL 2018: KKR vs RR Preview
- Luis Enrique, Vieira backed to replace Wenger at Arsenal by Reyes