Mahal's replacement turned out to be Kevin Owens, who lost an Intercontinental Championship match against Seth Rollins earlier in the evening. When you put them together in a feud, it's nearly as if WWE is asking its fans to choose the lesser of two evils with a match expected to take place at the upcoming Money in the Bank event, which is yet to be announced by the company.
While the show had many highlights, the biggest of them all was when WWE confirmed that Ronda Rousey will get her first-ever opportunity at the RAW women's championship at Money In The Bank pay-per-view on June 17 at Rosemont, Illinois.
Time after time, Roman Reigns has failed to recapture the WWE Universal championship from Brock lesnar.
Angle instead placed Mahal in a Triple Threat Match against Bobby Lashley and Elias to determine who would be the next Superstar placed into the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. With rumors Jordan returning to action soon, the storyline son of general manager Kurt Angle and Rollins' former tag team partner makes the most sense in this spot.
Instead of Mahal, Kurt Angle makes his way to the ring, and he does not look happy.
According to Ringside News, he said: "I think they have this idea that since it's against Jinder, they are going to cheer for Roman Reigns, but that's not going to happen". We'll now wait to see which six women will join them in the bout. Sami shows the video interview with Lashley and Renee Young from last week but fans were booing and chanting "boring" before it was over. Last year, the women were finally included in the festivities, and two matches have again been announced for 2018. Strowman sent McIntyre crashing through his Greatest Royal Rumble trophy at one point.
Will Roman Reigns get retribution against Jinder Mahal? Sami Zayn ran down at one point and stopped Lashley from getting the win. Owens won by pinning Elias via a frog splash.
WWE Championship - AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: WWE has yet to add a stipulation here, but SmackDown commissioner Shane McMahon announced the match as official Monday over Twitter.
- Ramadan 2018: How do you say happy Ramadan in Arabic?
- Koreans visit Beijing to learn about China's reforms
- Sephiroth Descends on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- UK Jobless Rate Lowest Since 1975
- California Solar Forecast Bumped By 14% Over 4 Years By Solar Mandate
- Girls Fare Better Than Boys In ICSE and ISC Board Result
- 'It's not a successful season for Manchester United' - Gary Neville's brutal assessment
- Cardi B Deletes Instagram Account Over Feud with Azealia Banks
- Police must gain public trust on facial recognition tech
- Angry Fortnite Players Keep Calling the Wrong Epic Games