President Trump formally disclosed Wednesday that he paid his attorney as much as $250,000 as reimbursements for expenses - which included a $130,000 payoff to porn star Stormy Daniels, who says she had a sexual encounter with him.
Trump's income from the Trump International Hotel in Washington, which has come under scrutiny for being a top choice for foreign dignitaries, almost doubled, from about $20 million in the 2016 report to just over $40 million previous year.
The document did not explicitly state what the payments were for.
It will also be scrutinized for any sign of the hush money payment made to Daniels. When news of the $130,000 payment first broke, Michael D. Cohen did not deny it but said that he had not been reimbursed by either the president's company or campaign.
Trump's representatives insisted in the document that revealing the payments made to Cohen was not necessary by law, instead saying they were listing them "in the interest of transparency".
The form Trump filed with the Office of Government Ethics a year ago, which was 98 pages long, contained no mention of the Daniels payment.
A law enforcement official came forward as the person who leaked Michael Cohen's financial information last week
Trump has been secretive about his personal finances.
The disclosure forms that he's required to submit to the ethics office provide a more limited view of his finances.
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington has contended that Trump should have reported the reimbursement past year.
"President Trump and Vice President Pence filed their financial disclosure forms with the Office of Government Ethics today, May 15", White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters said Tuesday.
But ethics officials said in a note on his form that they have concluded otherwise.
Apol's agency released Trump's 2018 disclosure on Wednesday.
- Kerala tourism invites Karnataka MLAs for safe stay in its resorts
- Special Honor Planned This Fall For Thurman Thomas
- Brazil legend Rivaldo delivers strong warning to Neymar
- Brussels calls on Italy to stay committed to the 'European path'
- Teacher on leave after drowning raccoons during class
- Mexico says NAFTA deal unlikely this week, Canada is upbeat
- Lachlan Murdoch to be New Fox CEO after proposed Disney deal
- 'Designated Survivor': ABC President On "Hard" Cancellation Decision, "Creative Path Forward" Concerns
- Kim Kardashian slammed for Instagram ad promoting appetite-suppressing lollipops
- Star Wars boss wants to give Lando his own movie after all