The annual "Click it or Ticket" effort is supported by federal funding and no local monies are used. Presentations will be provided by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Greene Memorial Hospital, State Farm, SADD, and the Greene County Safe Communities Coalition. Often, it could have been prevented with the simple click of a seat belt.
The National Click It or Ticket Campaign starts this week and continues through June 3, 2018. Our law enforcement personnel see the consequences of not buckling up. Buckling up is the law.
According to the WTSC, 95 percent of Washington drivers and passengers use seat belts. At night from 6 p.m.to 5:59 a.m., that number soared to 56 percent of those killed.
Participating law enforcement agencies are taking a no-excuses approach to enforcing the seat belt law and will be writing tickets. Included is a national publicity campaign created to ensure that drivers and passengers recognize the life-saving value of seat belts.
Before the campaign begins, the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety (KOHS) - in partnership with the Ohio Traffic Safety Office and the West Virginia Governor's Highway Safety Program - will host a briefing Tuesday in Ashland for all law enforcement participants. "Our job as a coalition is to make sure families are buckled up even before leaving the house", Drew said.
Research has been found that lap/shoulder seat belts, when used, reduce the risk of fatal injury to front seat passenger auto occupants by 45% and the risk of moderate to critical injury by 50%. "Remember; never place a rear-facing infant seat in front of an air bag".
- LeBron James flaunts incredible memory with detailed account of Boston Celtics run
- Tenacious D Tease New Album, Reveal More 2018 Tour Dates
- Fears of more deaths in Gaza as Israel's actions condemned
- Soyinka urges EFCC to go after past Nigerian leaders
- MGOLF: Bulldogs Slip To 13th In NCAA Bryan Regional
- Port Elizabeth protest calls for worldwide response on Gaza
- Indonesia police shoot dead 4 men after sword attack on officers
- Gwyneth Paltrow, 45, melts the internet with completely NUDE snap
- Research says Multiverse may not be a non-supporter of life
- Trump supporter Lou Barletta wins GOP nod to take on Sen. Casey