"With the original cast, by the way", he went on.
"The hope is that we're shooting that thing early 2019 for an October '19 release, with the original cast, by the way", he continued.
'Zombieland came out October of 2009.
"We're going on the 10th anniversary of Zombieland".
Speaking to Vulture, Wernick says, "We're going on the tenth anniversary of "Zombieland".
"Zombieland 2" could be released in cinemas in October 2019.
The film had a hand in propelling the likes of relatively new actors Stone and Eisenberg into their film careers.
Zombieland 2 has been through a number of iterations over the years, and as recently as 2016 Sony was looking for a new writer while Fleischer was still attached to return and direct. Fleischer is now finishing up the upcoming Venom for Sony, which means he'd be free and clear to make Zombieland 2 in early 2019 just as Reese and Wernick say.
She explained: 'I read the script and told my agent I loved it and then I auditioned with a lot of other very cool actresses who probably would have been way better for the part than me.
The writers were dead keen on turning the movie's plot into a TV show and Amazon commissioned a pilot episode in 2013. I knew he was going to be unbelievable in the movie'.
She said: 'I had never done any action before and I'm not very good at running so that was hard.
Would it even be possible to film such a sequel, 10 years later, that could both retain the charm of the original and round up an in-demand cast, especially where Stone and Harrelson are concerned?
Details about the project have yet to be finalised, but Wernick is confident the planned movie will live up to fans' dreams.
In 2011, Eisenberg, who played Columbus, doubted whether a second instalment would still be "relevant", a feeling that Harrelson also shared.
- No Positive Change in Bengaluru Assembly Polls This Year
- Pope Francis: Holy Spirit tells Bishops and Popes when to step down
- More than 60 people from Windrush generation may have been wrongly deported
- Marcus Smart calls out JR Smith after Game 2
- Filmmakers protest in solidarity with Palestine at Cannes
- Novartis Says General Counsel to Retire After Cohen Payments
- Google's AI Powered news app now available on Apple App store
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Kings XI Punjab
- Paddy Power in talks to tie-up with FanDuel
- Allardyce sacked as Everton manager