Six DePaul programs were recognized with Public Recognition Awards from the NCAA for having multi-year Academic Performance Rate (APR) scores in the top 10 percent of all squads in their respective sports. The complete list of teams earning public recognition awards includes baseball, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's cross country, women's cross country, field hockey, football, golf, women's lacrosse, rowing, women's soccer, men's swimming & diving, women's swimming & diving, men's tennis, women's tennis, women's track & field, volleyball and water polo. The APR accounts for eligibility, retention and graduation and provides a measure of each team's academic performance.
The most recent April rates include the 2016-'17 academic year, the NCAA said.
The Maryland cross country and tennis programs were recognized Wednesday as part of the 2018 NCAA Division I Academic Performance Program.
GW's women's cross country, golf, men's soccer, softball, men's tennis, men's and women's track and women's water polo teams were honored.
Women's basketball picked up the recognition for the 13th straight year and the program is just one of 85 teams from all sports that have earned the recognition in every year of program.
The men's and women's fencing (2014), women's volleyball (2014) and wrestling (2014, 2016-18) programs have captured NCAA Championships during the past four years.
Gonzaga made another final four, this one for its student-athletes' academic prowess. "Our Student-Athlete Success Program continues its outstanding work with all 24 of our sports and I want to thank them for their tireless dedication to our student-athletes".
"Congratulations to our women's golf, gymnastics and women's tennis programs on being recognized nationally for their academic excellence", Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Hunter Yurachek said.
The NCAA's April is created to track the academic progress of each student-athlete on scholarship at a particular institution.
All Division I programs' April scores will be released publicly on May 23.
April is an annual scorecard of academic achievement calculated for all Division I sports teams. The women's golf program has also been exceptional on the course winning a school-record seven tournaments in 2017-18.
- Undercover FBI operation busts 10 airline employees in alleged drug smuggling ring
- Turkish Banker Gets 32 Months in Prison Following Iranian-Sanctions Conviction
- Luc Eymael believes Sundowns can match Barcelona blow for blow
- Diego Maradona named chairman of Belarusian football club
- HOOPS HOAX: Man, 25, allegedly posed as teen to play basketball
- Merkel: Transatlantic ties must endure dispute about Iran nuclear deal
- Alexa developers get 8 new voices via Amazon Polly
- Photo of Kent State graduate carrying AR-10 on campus goes viral
- Apple demands $1 Billion from Samsung for design patent violations
- Watch John Travolta dance with 50 Cent at Cannes