Curlin, who won the 2007 Preakness, kept alive a remarkable streak when Good Magic finished second in the Kentucky Derby, as he has now produced a classic victor or classic-placed runner from each of his first six crops to race.
Looking to relive the high from the 2018 Kentucky Derby?
"Don't you dare let that horse run. It's his Triple Crown to lose". A furlong is one-eighth of a mile, so the Preakness is 110 yards shorter than the Kentucky Derby.
The field looks set to be much changed from the lineup that started the Derby and less than half the size, with only four who ran at Churchill Downs likely to run again here.
This is because no such horse had won since Apollo, who at age 3 in 1882 won the Kentucky Derby.
Baffert said he used to tell jockey Victor Espinoza the same thing with Triple Crown Winner American Pharaoh.
Last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile victor had a solid showing in the Kentucky Derby (second) and this son of Curlin appears well suited for the 1 3/16-mile Preakness distance.
His connections won the 2013 Preakness with Oxbow and like him, Bravazo's best races have come when he's stalked the early pace.
- John Abraham Roped In For Batla House
- Luc Eymael believes Sundowns can match Barcelona blow for blow
- IPL 2018: Kuldeep Yadav unrecognisable after KKR's customary cake smash
- Trump discloses payment to Cohen in financial form
- Michigan State and Nassar victims reach $500M settlement
- Star Wars boss wants to give Lando his own movie after all
- 'Designated Survivor': ABC President On "Hard" Cancellation Decision, "Creative Path Forward" Concerns
- How Much Iranian Oil Can Trump Disrupt?
- Murphy Brown, Magnum PI, Young Sheldon, Big Bang Theory Return
- Netanyahu Shuts Down CBS When They Ask If He'd Talk to Hamas: Would You Meet With Al-Qaeda?