Budenholzer had emerged as the clear frontrunner in recent days, and was reported as having taken a breakfast meeting with Bucks stars Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton on Wednesday morning, following a Tuesday meeting with ownership in NY.
Budenholzer was looking for a new job after parting ways with the rebuilding Atlanta Hawks.
Head coach Mike Budenholzer of the Atlanta Hawks looks on from the bench while playing the Detroit Pistons at Little Caesars Arena on November 10, 2017 in Detroit, Michigan.
It seems the Bucks are bringing out the big guns to edge out their competition.
It was reported in early May that Budenholzer was on the list of coaching candidates for the Bucks, along with former Grizzlies coach David Fizdale, former Cavaliers coach David Blatt, Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon and others.
He was named the NBA Coach of the Year that season. He is going to be a major upgrade from what Milwaukee has become used to on the sidelines and will help the Bucks get back into serious contention. He pulled out of contention for the Suns job after several conversations with ownership and management. They have made the playoffs in three of the past four seasons, but they haven't advanced past the first round since 2000-01 when they made the conference finals.
The Hawks were Conference Finalists under Budenholzer in 2015, following a 60-win regular season that earned him Coach of the Year honors.
- Watch John Travolta dance with 50 Cent at Cannes
- Spanish Grand Prix: Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton 'rejuvenated' by victory
- Revealed!!! How Real Madrid caused Jose Mourinho and Paul Pogba row
- Metro health officials confirm E. coli case linked to lettuce
- Romain Grosjean hit with penalty for 'ballet dancer' moment
- IGP plotting to set me up, says Saraki
- Undercover FBI operation busts 10 airline employees in alleged drug smuggling ring
- Eleven Gonzaga sports teams receive Public Recognition Awards from NCAA
- '4U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince' coming to St. Louis
- Merkel: Transatlantic ties must endure dispute about Iran nuclear deal