US healthcare organization are required to be compliant with the regulation if they process personal data of European Union residents; have an established presence in the European Union; processes data for goods and services offered in the European Union, or monitor the behavior of European Union individuals.
The law gives people more control over the way companies use their data. This includes App Store activity, AppleCare support history, iCloud bookmarks, calendars, reminders, contacts, notes, and even issues you've reported through the Maps app on your phone or tablet.
Passed in 2016, GDPR aims to give European Union residents more rights to control their online data, but it has caused "the biggest shake-up of data privacy laws since the birth of the web", a Reuters article said.
It can take a week or so for Apple to prepare your data.
"Data or personally identifiable information (PII) is at the heart of GDPR and mapping and securing it should be every organisation's number one priority".
Tens of thousands of companies and organizations, from big tech, to banks, to charities and hospitals are now scrambling to get their data policies in shape before Friday.
That's why it feels like every single company is sending out those unusual emails asking for consent to keep contacting its customers or informing them about the new privacy policies. "For some, this has resulted in a flurry of last-minute emails to entire user bases in a vain effort to capture as many opt-ins as possible, while others have taken a more considered approach by planning for explicit user consent a long time ago". Less than a third (29%) of surveyed organisations felt confident they would comply, and when questioned further and asked whether there were any areas they might be likely to fail, 81% could think of some area of the new requirements that might cause them to fail when it comes to GDPR compliance. The new tool is available here and allows users to request a copy of all the data Apple holds on them, correct any data mistakes, deactivate their account, or delete their account entirely.
- Energy wells plugged as Hawaii's Kilauea volcano sends lava nearby
- NFL Will Fine Teams if Players Don't Stand for National Anthem
- N. Korea allows SKorean journalists to cover nuke test closing
- Jared Kushner gets security clearance, ending swirl of questions over delay
- Houston Rockets to wear patches to honor Santa Fe shooting victims
- American literary giant Philip Roth dead at 85
- Donald Trump calls for new 'structure' for US-China trade deal
- RBSE 12th Result 2018 to be Announced Today at rajeduboard
- Marks & Spencer set to close Walsall store putting 94 jobs at risk
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2018: TN class 10 result declared @ tnresults