Her unbeaten 232, set when batting through the entire White Ferns innings, set a new benchmark for the highest score in women's ODI history. The 17-year-old scored unbeaten 232 to break Belinda Clark's 21-year-old record of 229. She was involved in a record second-wicket partnership with Leigh Kasperek who scored her maiden ODI hundred before being out on 113 off 105 with 10 fours.
Not only that, Kerr's score is also the third highest score in ODIs in both men's and women's category.
New Zealand's Martin Guptill made 237 against West Indies in 2015.
The 17-year-old then claimed 5-17 - clean bowling all five of her victims - as Ireland were dismissed for 135.
Surpassing Javed Miandad (19) as the youngest double-centurion in worldwide cricket, she wouldn't let the momentous occasion sway her evening's plans.
Kerr, who usually bats down the order, made the most of her promotion to open with a dizzying 145-ball knock. She said: "I think I heard them say stuff on the speaker and everyone was clapping but I had no idea".
Asked if her approach had altered after she reached three figures, Kerr replied, "Not much changed too much; I just wanted to keep batting". In the first ODI on Friday, New Zealand women had scored the all-time highest score in 50-overs format's history by piling up 490/4. "She needed a six [four] off the last ball, and trust me, she didn't know about that, but we did".
"After my innings I had a little nap and then went out to field. Got to have a bowl, it was nice, and the pitch was turning, which obviously helps me". New Zealand also hold the record for the biggest victory - by 408 runs against Pakistan in 1997 - and more recently they had secured wins by margins of over 300 runs in the first two ODIs of this series.
"It was pretty special", she said after the match.
- Toyota investing $1 billion in ride-hailing company Grab
- US, Mexico, Canada embark on World Cup history with winning bid
- Mohamed Salah not in Egypt starting line-up for first World Cup match
- Russian Federation crush Saudi Arabia in opener
- Guerrero scores twice on Peru return after doping ban drama
- Leicester City Travel To Manchester United In 2018/19 Premier League Opener
- Aides Had To Tape Together Papers Trump Tore Apart
- Trump’s leadership will level the US-China trade imbalance: Rep. Diane Black
- Supply rise hits price
- Pogba's chip gives France the victory over Australia