The 20-year-old graces the cover of the new Forbes magazine "America's Women Billionaires" issue, and with a valuation topping $900 million, Kylie is on track to be the "youngest-ever self-made billionaire" in history. Jenner owns 100% of it. Much to her surprise the original 15,000 unit order sold out in less than a minute.
"Add to that the millions she's earned from TV programs and endorsing products like Puma shoes and PacSun clothing, and $60 million in estimated after-tax dividends she's taken from her company, and she's conservatively worth $900 million".
"The most successful women entrepreneurs in the country are increasingly taking advantage of technology including social media to help them launch and grow businesses", said Luisa Kroll, Forbes' assistant managing editor, wealth. "It could easily be an instant game-changing acquisition for any company on the hunt for a winning brand with a younger customer", senior VP or merchandising at Ulta Tara Simon said.
Forbes' Natalie Robehmed details how Kylie Cosmetics has found success both by harnessing Jenner's enormous social media following and slashing costs by outsourcing labor. Another year of growth will make her the youngest self-made billionaire ever.
"Before I even refreshed the page, everything was sold out", Jenner recalled.
Last month, ET caught up with Kim at the launch of her KKW Beauty and Fragrance pop-up shop in Los Angeles, where she revealed how her and husband Kanye West's eldest daughter, 5-year-old North, is already making her own beauty decisions.
"I said, 'I'm ready to put up my own money. I don't want to do it with anyone else, '" Jenner told Forbes, saying she used almost a quarter million dollars of her own money from modeling to make the first 15,000 lip kits.
"Maybe one day [I'll] pass this on to Stormi, if she's into it", Kylie told the publication, adding that she plans on keeping the business going "forever".
- Roger Federer loses epic stunner at Wimbledon
- Cardi B Files $15M Countersuit Against Ex-Manager
- Safdar surrendered like a lion: Maryam Nawaz
- Galaxy S8 update brings this new feature to Samsung’s smartphone
- Gareth Southgate: 'I couldn't listen to Three Lions for 20 years'
- England aim to join France in World Cup final
- England target World Cup final but gifted Croatia stand in the way
- Former Trump chauffeur sues, claiming years of unpaid OT
- Germany, China seek alliance over trade spat with US
- Scotland's Russell Knox Lands Monster Putt To Win Irish Open