Vecernji's website devoted an unusual amount of space to gloating over the fate of the losing team, with headlines such as "Football's not coming home", "The arrogance hit them back", "The English are sore losers" and even published a photo gallery titled "Look how the English cry after losing to Croatia" with pictures of downbeat players and fans.
England wing-back Kieran Trippier had opened the scoring from a brilliant free kick in just the fifth minute, curling the ball over the Croatia wall and into the top right-hand corner. Kane is also three goals ahead of France pair Kylian Mbappé and Antoine Griezmann, who will both feature in the World Cup final against Croatia, on Sunday.
World Cup Daily: Croatia's dream goes on while England wake up.
Gareth Southgate's men threw everything that they had at the Croatians, including - it turns out - an attempt to take advantage of a perceived rule loophole. "The chances fell to him in the first half, but he wasn't quite good enough". Croatia, with one of the smallest population in this tournament at 4.171 million, is off to the World Cup final for the first time in team history.
It was heartbreak for England, but joy for those who backed Croatia at a high of [40.0] to win in extra-time in the Method of Victory market.
Meanwhile, England captain Kane struggled to hide his pain, as he admitted his team-mates failed to make the most of their chances to extend their adventure in Russian Federation.Читайте также: Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh Racked Up Huge Debt Buying Nationals Tickets
"We've left everything out there, you can look at the goals and the chances, but I don't think over the six or seven weeks we've been together we could've given any more".
But the Three Lions struggled to dominate for much of the game, with Croatia in possession most of the time. "We got further than anyone else could thought we would have".
"There are a lot of ifs and buts now".
The Noel Gallagher-written song has become a message of solidarity and togetherness in recent times and it's particularly fitting it was played at the Luzhniki Stadium.
"But when you've got to this point, and we've played as well as we have, you want to take those opportunities in life".
The quarter-final against Sweden saw England triumph with a relatively comfortable 2-0 win over Sweden, setting up Wednesday's semi-final against Croatia. "We have two days to prepare and we'll want to give a performance of huge pride".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- United Kingdom set to publish Brexit plan that sparked rebellion
- Trump brands Germany a "captive of Russian Federation ", days before he meets Putin
- Stormy Daniels is arrested at an Ohio strip club, Michael Avenatti says
- Meghan, Duchess of Sussex joins The Queen for second balcony appearance
- Trump set to touch down for controversial United Kingdom visit
- Rattling NATO, Trump attacks another nation's ties to Russia
- Eagles Striker Joins Steven Gerard In Rangers
- Denver Broncos: Supplemental draft prospects of interest
- France final special for Croatia's Perisic
- News Pamela Anderson Condemns US Opposition to Breastfeeding Resolution by Anna Starostinetskaya