As for Kiko Casilla, he expects to complete his contract and to stay at Real Madrid for another season, which would likely be as the third-choice goalkeeper if Courtois joins and if Keylor Navas stays too.
The Blues suffered from the Premier League title curse last season after winning the trophy under ex-manager Antonio Conte back in 2016/17.
Reports of a move to Real Madrid have intensified in recent weeks and Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Juventus has provided quite the motive for Los Blancos to splash the cash.
Linked with many of Europe's biggest clubs without ever seeming close to a move, Jan Oblak would certainly provide the quality necessary to fill the gap left by Courtois at Stamford Bridge.
"I think he's our best player", Fabregas said of his teammate after reaching Perth ahead of Monday's friendly against Perth Glory.
"Everyone loves him - the fans, the club, the players, and we need him".
Catalonian newspaper Sport claim that with Eden Hazard open to a move to Real Madrid, Chelsea have been forced into identifying replacements and Nabil Fekir is one of their preferred targets.
Chelsea are in Australia on tour, while Hazard rests after his exploits in Russian Federation, and Fabregas says his team-mate is integral to the club.
"He (Hazard) is one of the top two or three European players, and I look forward to working with him", Sarri told a news conference on Wednesday.
- MEP Paet: Trump, Putin's closed-door meeting increased confusion
- Country drops international arrest warrants for Puigdemont, other Catalans
- 76ers trade forward Holmes to Suns
- Syria ends evacuation of militant-besieged towns
- Full Comic-Con Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald'
- Rights group details lead-up to Myanmar attacks on Rohingya Muslims
- Senate resolution introduced to show support for USA intelligence agencies
- Israel OKs bill declaring it Jewish nation
- Inside Trump's isolated days amid Russian Federation fallout
- Trump heightens China tariff threat with no deal in sight