As for Kiko Casilla, he expects to complete his contract and to stay at Real Madrid for another season, which would likely be as the third-choice goalkeeper if Courtois joins and if Keylor Navas stays too.
The Blues suffered from the Premier League title curse last season after winning the trophy under ex-manager Antonio Conte back in 2016/17.
Reports of a move to Real Madrid have intensified in recent weeks and Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Juventus has provided quite the motive for Los Blancos to splash the cash.
Linked with many of Europe's biggest clubs without ever seeming close to a move, Jan Oblak would certainly provide the quality necessary to fill the gap left by Courtois at Stamford Bridge.
"I think he's our best player", Fabregas said of his teammate after reaching Perth ahead of Monday's friendly against Perth Glory.
"Everyone loves him - the fans, the club, the players, and we need him".
Catalonian newspaper Sport claim that with Eden Hazard open to a move to Real Madrid, Chelsea have been forced into identifying replacements and Nabil Fekir is one of their preferred targets.
Chelsea are in Australia on tour, while Hazard rests after his exploits in Russian Federation, and Fabregas says his team-mate is integral to the club.
"He (Hazard) is one of the top two or three European players, and I look forward to working with him", Sarri told a news conference on Wednesday.
- DC's TITANS [Official Trailer] and details on DC UNIVERSE
- Asian stocks gain after Fed's Powell gives upbeat comments; Japan leads advance
- Rights group details lead-up to Myanmar attacks on Rohingya Muslims
- Burberry burned $36.5M of unsold clothes past year
- Son signs new long-term deal at Spurs
- Israel OKs bill declaring it Jewish nation
- At RNC meeting, no one is sweating Trump-Putin summit
- Lost Vegas in last-gasp Carnoustie dash
- 'Chaos' at Heathrow after British Airways suffers 'systems issue'
- Trump heightens China tariff threat with no deal in sight