The reports claimed that United are willing to table a £65million bid for Maguire, but will have to offload one of the club's current centre-backs to help raise the funds for the deal.
But he enjoyed an excellent season with the Foxes, trebling his value - with Leicester keen to reflect his growing reputation with a new contract to improve his wages to around £75,000-a-week.
Eyebrows were raised when Leicester paid £17m to sign Maguire from a relegated Hull City side a year ago.
England manager Gareth Southgate is known to have first selected Maguire because of his mental toughness, so he is tailor-made for the constant big-match pressures at United.
Man Utd transfer news Jose Mourinho is keen to land a new centre-half this summer
Mourinho is said to have doubts about both Chris Smalling and Victor Lindelof and also feels that the signing of Diego Dalot from Porto has relieved fullback issues sufficiently to allow the pursuit of a central defender.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously had reported that Mourinho has revealed that the following four defenders that include Valencia, Bailly, Smalling and Shaw will likely tackle Leicester in their first fixture of the new Premier League campaign.
There is plenty of Manchester United-related gossip doing the rounds in the papers with the Red Devils linked with a whole host of star names.
The Portuguese was on the sidelines as the Red Devils battled Club America to a 1-1 draw in the early hours of Friday and the ex-Chelsea boss was quick to declare that his defence line for the August 10 Premier League opener against Leicester is ready.
- Fan ejected from The Open for shouting during Tiger Woods' final drive
- Hillary Clinton Talks Trump And Russia Summit At NYC Fest
- Disney urged to rehire James Gunn by celebrities and fan petitions
- New Study Shows Alcohol-Related Liver Disease Increasing Among Millennials
- Parasite In McDonald's Salads Sickens 163 People In 13 States
- British reject May's Brexit plan, some turn to Boris and far right
- Johnny Manziel traded from Hamilton to Montreal
- Christian Pulisic inspires Borussia Dortmund to victory over Liverpool
- Formula 1 German Grand Prix start time, TV channel and odds
- Armed Suspect Barricaded With Hostages Inside Trader Joe’s — LAPD