Netanyahu and Putin met in Moscow, and struck a deal under which Israel would refrain from taking steps to challenge Assad's control of Syria-breaking with neoconservative dogma that "Assad must go"-in exchange for Russian pledges to bring to an end to Iranian military presence across the Syrian-Israeli border".
On Tuesday, the Russian Defense Ministry said that it was ready to implement what it claimed were agreements reached by Trump and Putin on increased cooperation with the US military in Syria.
Putin has tried to maintain close relations with Iran and Syria, even while trying to develop closer ties with Netanyahu and Israel.
Iran and Russian Federation have formed a strong alliance in recent years, with both supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's legitimate government against foreign-backed militancy.
Tehran on the other hand insists that its presence in Syria is "legitimate".
However, Velayati had earlier underlined that Tehran and Moscow will keep up providing support for the Syrian government and people in their ongoing fight against what he described as the "terrorist groups" and "American aggression".
"There are examples of jointly reached agreements that were derailed in an instant, I mean the unilateral withdrawal of the United States from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) on the Iran nuclear program", he said.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran attaches special importance to a political solution through strengthening a Syrian-Syrian dialogue, and supports the efforts made in this regard", local news outlets cited Irvani, as saying.
Lavrentiev visited Tehran to brief Iranians on a range of issues, including the summit between Putin and Trump in Helsinki, Finland, on July 16.
- At least 11 dead Sat. as heat wave continues to grip Japan
- Parasite In McDonald's Salads Sickens 163 People In 13 States
- Eleven taxi drivers killed as gunmen storm minibus in South Africa
- Spectator Films as Tiger Woods' Shot Hits Him
- Alex Iwobi to pen new Arsenal contract until 2022
- There's a solid theory about why Richarlison's transfer fee is so high
- Star Golfer Reveals He Played Today’s Final Round Hungover
- Memorial service planned Missouri boating accident victims
- British reject May's Brexit plan, some turn to Boris and far right
- Trump administration releases Carter Page wiretap documents