They recalled Flavor Blasted Xtra Cheddar, Flavor Blasted Sour Cream and Onion, Goldfish Baked with Whole Grain Xtra Cheddar, and Goldfish Mix Xtra Cheddar + Pretzel.
- The company that creates Ritz Cracker products has issued a voluntarily recall in the US due to a possible Salmonella scare.
This is the latest food company to issue a recall associated with Salmonella this year.
They learned of the first case in February with almost 100 reported in just the last month.
Flowers Food has recalled Swiss Rolls sold under the brand names Mrs. Freshley's, Food Lion, H-E-B, Baker's Treat, Market Square, and Great Value. The company recalled 11 million of boxes of the Honey Smacks cereal believed to have been the vector of the illness. There have been no illnesses reported. At least 30 of the people infected have been hospitalized.
Recalled product should be discarded or may be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund. Thirty four people have been hospitalized, but none of the 212 people have died, the CDC says.
The CDC says that people can get sick with salmonella infections from touching live poultry or the environment that the poultry lives in. A number of Ritz Crackers products were voluntarily recalled after an ingredient used was possibly contaminated with Salmonella. As of April, 22 illnesses were reported. Infection normally manifests itself anywhere from 12 to 72 hours after consumption of tainted food, and may last four to seven days.
Salmonella is a microorganism that can cause people to experience fevers, nausea and gastrointestinal problems, which can be serious in children and others with weakened immune systems, the company said.
If you think you have been exposed to Salmonella, see your doctor immediately.
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Toronto shooting - AMAQ
- Body cam captures boy, 10, pinned down by police as dad arrested
- Marchionne replaced as FCA Group boss due to ill health
- Swedish plane protest prevents Afghan deportation
- LifePoint Health (LPNT) Downgraded by William Blair to Market Perform
- 5G Antennas by Qualcomm Are Ready To Go By Next Year
- Pompeo: US Won't Recognize Russia's Crimea Annexation
- Surprise snub as Federation Internationale de Football Association reveals top three 2018 World Cup goals
- Sevens knockout format under scrutiny after World Cup
- Dozens killed in ISIL attacks in southwest Syria: state media