The United boss wants two new players before the August 9 cut-off and has repeatedly painted a bleak picture when asked during the tour of the United States whether it would be possible.
The 22-year-old, who has been strongly linked with a move away after his agent claimed Martial wanted to leave for more opportunities, was absent from United's 2-1 International Champions Cup win over Real Madrid on Tuesday.
He said, via Sky Sports: "I didn't learn anything [from the tour]".
"I know that my players gave everything and in the last 15 minutes we were dead and they bring on Marco Asensio and Isco, and I thought we wouldn't resist it". "Imagine Alexis Sanchez fresh, the way the man is running after playing four matches [of] 90 minutes". The game today - if we win 2-1, we lose 2-1 or draw 2-2 - it doesn't change anything but of course I know the players and I know I can count on them. "My professional players were incredible all pre-season because they know we play against good teams, against good opponents".
The pre-season in terms of organisation is fantastic but we don't have our players and that's a big frustration especially because we go back to Europe and when we arrive, we start the Premier League, with all the risks it takes to us.
Mourinho then admitted that he was unsure whether Martial would be available for training when the squad returns to Manchester.
And, according to Old Trafford sources, the first call United would make is to Zidane. "Is better for [press officer] Karen [Shotbolt] to answer if she wants to answer".
- Airline reports plane accident in Durango, Mexico
- Posts that Facebook says were part of a coordinated misinformation campaign uncovered
- Apple beats earnings estimates as iPhone sales climb
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Launch Said To Take Place On August 1st
- Bradley Wiggins: Geraint Thomas may now be Wales’ biggest sports star
- Police fatally shoot armed homeowner who killed intruder
- Trump Echoes Giuliani: 'Collusion Is Not A Crime'
- Ander Herrera says 'strange' U.S. tour has been tough for Jose Mourinho
- Smoking ban in all public housing takes effect nationwide
- North Korea developing new missiles: WP