Such impressive displays has led to admiration for the Frenchman from Europe's elite, and the Blues have looked to tie up the world beater to a new five-year deal worth £290,000-per-week - a contract which would make him the club's highest-paid player in history.
The pocket-sized 27-year-old dynamo - who recovered the ball more often than any other team-mate during the finals in Russian Federation - will earn £290,000 ($380,000, 325,000 euros) a week if he signs the new deal, reported The Times and the London Evening Standard. He helped Chelsea to win the Premier League title in his first season after joining for around £30 million from Leicester City two years ago...
N'Golo Kanté was an important part of France's victorious World Cup team.
Kante, who won the World Cup with France, only strengthened his growing reputation in world football at the tournament and is one of the best midfielders on the planet.
His exploits for club and country have seem to have piqued the interest of PSG. And new manager Thomas Tuchel is understood to keen on taking Kante to the Parc des Princes this summer.
The Frenchman - a World Cup victor - has been heavily linked with a move to PSG. Of late, Serie A champions Juventus have also emerged as an interested party.
According to reports from UK Sports Outlet The Times, the French midfielder will earn around £290,000 a week, which would make him the club's top earner. New manager Maurizio Sarri sees the 31-time capped French worldwide as a key cog in his side heading into the 2018-19 campaign.
- Smoking ban in all public housing takes effect nationwide
- Former Trump Campaign Chair Goes on Trial
- North Korea appears to be building one or two ICBMs
- Ander Herrera: Optimistic Jose Mourinho very happy with the squad
- NASA’s TESS Space Telescope Begins Hunt for Undiscovered Planets
- Priyanka Chopra In Talks to Join Cast of 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
- Mourinho praises Bailly commitment to Man United
- Ander Herrera: José Mourinho right to show anger. Season is too early
- Flipkart unveils exclusive Samsung Galaxy On8 - a Galaxy J8 with a discount
- Posts that Facebook says were part of a coordinated misinformation campaign uncovered