Karius is considering his future after the arrival of Alisson, the Brazil global, and there are concerns over the psychological impact of the Champions League final against Real Madrid. Having a blockbuster, big money transfer window has made the Reds the favorite to try and dethrone Manchester City as Premier League champions.
The Reds shelled out a world-record fee for a goalkeeper in capturing the Brazil worldwide from Roma for £65m last month.
Kevin Strootman must have been hit with pang as jealousy after seeing worldwide teammate Georginio Wijnaldum training with former Roma teammate Alisson at Liverpool. "We are Liverpool as a team and the boys want to be part of it", Klopp told British media. Alisson recently joined up with Liverpool following his post-World Cup holiday.
Rookie goalkeepers Kamil Grabara and Caoimhin Kelleher have also impressed Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp during pre-season, casting further doubt on Karius' future at the club.
They open their 2018/19 Premier League campaign with a home clash against West Ham United on August 12.
"Then it'll be almost a week, or six days in training, since he [started] and yes, he will play".
"It's also showed me that the team are very well adapted to it and everyone seems to be physically fit, not to say technically - they're all great players after all".
"I hope I can help and bring something extra to the team". "It's not there. But there are a lot of good players and we have brought a few of them in", Klopp said.
"My first impression tells me it won't be hard for me here - it's a great squad formed by great players and brilliant professionals".
- Former EDL leader Tommy Robinson freed after judges quash contempt ruling
- Chelsea to make Kante highest earner after offering £290,000-a-week
- Angry young man: Verstappen blasts Renault after sixth lap retirement
- JLR slips to £264 million pre-tax loss
- Cambodian opposition leader calls for protests
- Uber Ends Development of Self-Driving Trucks For Now
- Royal Family crown jewels STOLEN in Sweden as suspects chased on motorboat
- Iran arming Houthis, confirms United Nations panel
- RBI monetary policy: Repo rate hiked by 25 bps
- Former Trump Campaign Chair Goes on Trial