"We are convinced that Bale is going to have a great year and we expect a lot from him".
Lopetegui was keen to stress that the Portuguese's departure represented a "fantastic opportunity" for Bale, who has been linked by Spanish media with a move away from the club, to stay and show his talent. The super-agent even went on to reveal that the 29-year-old wants to leave Germany and this has given Real Madrid and even Chelsea hope.
"Everybody knows what (Cristiano) Ronaldo is but everybody knows what Real Madrid is, so I believe that of course you always miss a player like Cristiano but Real Madrid is bigger than any player and will have to cope with it".
That means he will miss a clash against the Major League Soccer All-Stars in Atlanta in the early hours of Thursday morning in addition to a swift reunion with former employers Real Madrid at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland at the weekend.
"I've talked to him like I've talked to everyone. We will work together for him to reach top form".
"As a coach, it is an exciting challenge to make a competitive team without Cristiano".
There has been talk that Bale is set to step into Ronaldo's shoes as the club's new star player, while the other member of Madrid's former "BBC" strike force, Karim Benzema, will also be expected to step up after a rare prolonged dip in form last season. He is an extraordinary player who will give us his best version.
- Samsung's Latest Tablet Is Trying To Out Pro The iPad
- Trump Hits Turkish Officials with Sanctions over Pastor Brunson's Detainment
- Urban Meyer lied about knowledge of domestic violence incident with coach
- Sluggish Galaxy S9 sales hit Samsung's profits
- Japan's rate decision lifts bonds, shares under tech cloud
- Urban Meyer knew of 2009 incident involving assistant fired after domestic charge
- C-section puts babies at risk of death, diseases
- Trump Retweets Video of Supporters Chanting 'CNN Sucks' at Reporter Jim Acosta
- Trump govt condemn use of deadly military force against Zimbabwe protesters
- Tesla rallies after reporting better-than-expected quarterly revenue (TSLA)