"I got a text last night that something happened in 2015, and there was nothing", Meyer told reporters at the media event."I don't know who creates a story like that".
Courtney opened up about the reported domestic violence.
Courtney has alleged Zach had repeatedly abused her physically since 2009.
Zach Smith was arrested in Gainesville, Fla., in 2009 on an aggravated battery charge stemming from a domestic incident when Smith-the grandson of former Buckeyes coach Earle Bruce-worked for Meyer at Florida.
"The university is conducting an investigation into these allegations", the school said in a statement late Wednesday.
"In 2015 I came forward with it", Smith said. According to Courtney Smith, however, she reached out to Shelley Meyer after another incident in October 2015, when, she claims, Zach Smith shoved her up against a wall as their 3-year-old daughter clung to her leg. Ryan Day will serve as acting football coach during the investigation. Those charges were dropped, and Courtney told McMurphy she was pressured to drop them by longtime Meyer consigliere Hiram de Fries and by her husband's parents. She says Shelley told her she'd have to tell Urban.
Meyers said that he only became aware of the 2015 incident when he got a text message about it this year.
"Courtney's communication with wives of other Ohio State assistants and staffers". "I said, 'It's bad.' I assume he wanted the information so he could report this back to his client".
At the very least, that text exchange, if accurately portrayed and relayed to McMurphy, showed Meyer was indeed aware of the 2015 incident and essentially lied when he told the media last month that he "was never told anything about [the 2015 incident], nothing ever came to light, never had a conversation about it, so I know nothing about it". Whether Meyer keeps his job will hinge on the results of investigation. He said the recommendation made to him at that time was counseling for Smith and to move forward.
Courtney: "I don't really care". "They have a duty to do something to help, instead of worrying about winning games, or instead of worrying about who his mentor is and who his family is and trying to protect that; somebody's safety and the safety of their children and the environment they're in needs to be more important".
Two police reports filed in 2015 in Ohio's Powell County, after the Smiths separated in June of that year, accused Zach Smith of abuse.
- "Honor Note 10 unveiled with 6.95" screen and 'GPU Turbo' tech
- Meyer was aware of abuse claims against fired Buckeyes coach
- Fortnite's Android version may not appear on the Google Play Store
- People Are Calling Out Kim Kardashian for 'Sickening' Weight Loss 'Compliments'
- Ohio State places Meyer on administrative leave
- Tommy Robinson walks free after court challenge but could still face jail
- Opposition supporters mass in Zimbabwe capital in tense wait for election results
- ‘Game of Thrones’ castle can be yours for less than $1 million
- Urban Meyer lied about knowledge of domestic violence incident with coach
- Trump Hits Turkish Officials with Sanctions over Pastor Brunson's Detainment