Devine and Racheal Haynes batted through the six overs managing only 67 runs.
Mandhana produced an exceptional display of aggression, finesse and power as she pummeled five fours and four sixes in her 18-ball fifty. With this contract she became the first woman Indian cricketer to play the league.
With the win, the Storms are second in the points table with two wins from three games.
Smriti Mandhana took the Kia Super League by storm while playing for the defending champions Western Storm as she turned up with an 18-ball fifty on Sunday. Coincidentally, Devine was part of the Loughborough side and scored 46 not out off 21 balls but couldn't save her team from suffering an 18-run defeat. However, Devine still holds the record for the fastest known fifty in the Women's Twenty20 cricket history.
Mandhana has also played for Brisbane Heat in the Women's Big Bash League in Australia before this captained the IPL Trailblazers in the one-off exhibition game organised by the Board of Control for Cricket in India against the IPL Supernovas in April.
Mandhana was also awarded the player-of-the-match award for her brisk knock. Mandhana also scored the fastest T20I fifty for India Women off 25 balls earlier this year. He shares this feat with Chris Gayle, as they achieve the mark in just 12 balls. Mandhana continued her good run in the tournament, following up scores of 48 and 37.
Her innings was laced with five boundaries and four hits over the rope in a six-over-per-side rain-marred match.
- Ohio State's Meyer put on leave, investigation opened
- Galaxy Note 9 To Have Same Camera As Galaxy S9
- Facebook, Instagram add tools to limit time spent on the apps
- United players answer Jose's call and shorten holidays
- Trump Hits Turkish Officials with Sanctions over Pastor Brunson's Detainment
- Six British tourists 'descend Indonesian volcano' after deadly quake
- Urban Meyer knew of 2009 incident involving assistant fired after domestic charge
- U.S. states make last-minute legal bid to halt 3-D online guns
- One Soldier, Four Militiamen Killed in Car Bomb Attack in Philippines
- Trump Retweets Video of Supporters Chanting 'CNN Sucks' at Reporter Jim Acosta