Interestingly, one of the few little nuggets of information which will become known on the release date is the actual name of the platform and what the "P" represents.
Well now we just have to wait till 20th August for the official name of Android P.
New features coming to Android P include smarter power allocation to reduce battery usage by the CPU, and adaptive brightness to optimise the power used by a device's screen by learning the user's preferences - not only relying on ambient lighting conditions.
On the other hand, judging by the relatively low score that the device achieved compared to other Snapdragon 845-powered devices, this could be an early engineering sample so the final version could still come with better performance and more memory. So it should find a home on the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. However, it has been various beta versions of Android P, as the next version of Google's mobile operating system is still in development.
After a successful run of Android Developer Previews for the Pixel phones, the rumours of when Google will launch the yet to be named Android P have been running rampant. For example, the most recent version was dubbed Oreo. Rumours suggest that the Android OS for this year might be called Android Pistachio.
- Roadside bomb kills 11 in western province
- Kesrick Williams' career-best bowling figures
- Luka Modric's agents are negotiating a move to Inter Milan
- Mars is the closest it has been to Earth in 15 years
- Kurdish-Iranian Refugee Wins Fields Prize For Mathematics
- Manitoba child the province's first human case of West Nile for 2018
- In Italy's Conte, Trump sees a like-minded European
- China warns of retaliation if US takes more trade steps
- Bank of Japan Shift Propels Biggest Bond-Yield Jump in Two Years
- Samsung leak confirms Galaxy Note 9 design