Dustin Poirier, who Diaz is scheduled to fight at UFC 230 on November 3 at Madison Square Garden, jokingly chimed in with a similar tweet, writing, "I ain't fighting on that show either F the ufc". As expected, McGregor's opponent will be none other than UFC Lightweight champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov.
After a two-year hiatus from the sport, the former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion will return to the Octagon to face current lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. When the UFC stripped McGregor of his belt Dana White said he would be the first to challenge for the title back when he was ready to return.
When McGregor's face hit the screen, Diaz was able to stay on the press conference stage for all of 10 seconds before he decided to make his exit.
Storming off the stage didn't stop the press conference for Diaz though, as the 33-year-old was followed by reporters and spoke outside The Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles.
Diaz subsequently made his thoughts on the matter of McGregor's fight with a quick tweet.
"We'll see in a bit if I'm even fighting, s-, they'd better start acting right".
When asked about McGregor during the press conference, Diaz shrugged the subject off, reiterating that he's defeated the Irishman twice already (still believing he should have earned the decision in their UFC 202 bout that resulted in a majority decision).
White, who's experienced frustrating talks with Diaz and his brother, Nick, for more than a decade, said, "Stylistically, it's an incredible fight". Although, Poirier may have been just playing the part of a troll following the proclamation from Diaz. McGregor then saw the chance to take on Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match.
- Portugal breaks temperature records amid heatwave
- Billionaire Day to rescue struggling House of Fraser?
- MGM Resort's sports betting app could go online in a week
- Cities Sue Trump Administration Over Obamacare 'Sabotage'
- NASA Taps 9 Astronauts For First Crewed Boeing, SpaceX Test Flights
- No kidding: Dozens of goats chow down in Boise neighborhood
- Trump calls rightwing billionaires Koch brothers a 'total joke'
- Trump Rips 'Fake News' as He Backs Ivanka on Media Support
- Feds mull competitiveness changes this fall, after easing carbon tax thresholds
- Worker at child immigration facility molested teen