A screenshot from Wong's tweet showed Facebook stressing to employees that the app in testing was only to be used for the development of software, not romance. This is not meant for dating your coworkers.
For those of you waiting to try and find love through your social network, the Facebook dating app is now being tested internally inside the company, according to app researcher Jane Manchun Wong.
We have heard in the past rumors that Facebook could be looking to develop their own dating app/feature. "I can't go past the signup screen". Dogfooding this product is completely voluntary and has no impact on your environment. However, it was quietly dropped after Facebook admitted that a majority of people weren't using it. However, we've just learned that Facebook's Tinder-like feature will be implemented directly within its social apps.
Facebook shut down Paper, a stand-alone iOS app that was part News Feed, part newsreader, in 2016, two years after its launch.
Facebook had announced the dating product - which will not be a standalone dating app - during its F8 developer conference in the USA in May. Aspiring yenta Mark Zuckerberg explained it was "going to be for building real, long-term relationships, not hookups".
The screenshots reveal privacy settings to limit who can and can't see a user's dating profile. If a mutual attraction is established, you and your virtual date can start messaging each other through WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. It appears Facebook Dating will allow you to make a separate profile for dating.
- Mass brawl outside Rangers' Ibrox Stadium in Glasgow ahead of Osijek game
- Up to 20 feared dead in Swiss Alps plane crash
- Bedwell-Curtis only change in strong Crusaders lineup
- U.S. jobless rate drops to 3.9%. in July; 157000 new jobs created
- Indian among three kidnapped killed in Kabul
- Ryanair proposes mediation in pilot strikes row
- Chinese Dissident Professor Disappears During Voice of America Radio Interview
- Venus advances in Silicon Valley Classic, Keys withdraws
- California wildfires: Death toll to 7 as rapid spread continues
- Bayern rule out Boateng switch for Martial