The NES Classic was June 2018's highest unit-selling hardware platform, while the PlayStation 4 led the market in dollar sales.
The NPD Group has just released its monthly report, highlighting software and hardware sales in the USA, and Nintendo's re-stocked NES Classic Edition sold more units than any other hardware. The little retro console that could? What's notable is that this is the first time a Nintendo console has led in monthly unit sales since the NPD began tracking the figures back in 1995. In the meantime, do you have an NES Classic or are you looking to buy one?
However, the release of another batch of consoles has seen the console rocket to the top of the sales charts for the month - outselling its cutting-edge PS4 and Xbox One rivals in the US. It also (hopefully) suggests that a Nintendo 64 Classic, Gamecube Classic, and Game Boy Classic will happen eventually. "Dollar sales of all other hardware grew more than 23 times in the month when compared to a year ago, driven by sales of plug-and-play devices like the NES Classic and the Super Nintendo Classic". With the Switch continuing to go from strength to strength, Nintendo is clearly finding ground in this void period while we wait for Sony or Microsoft to release their next generation of console. Think of it! Two different consoles from Nintendo top of the sales chart in the same year! Let us know in the comments.
- Rising Supply Dents Oil Gains
- Salva Kiir: New South Sudan peace deal will not collapse
- Last-minute goal gives Frank Lampard 'incredible' winning start at Derby
- Bedwell-Curtis only change in strong Crusaders lineup
- Barry Chuckle of the Chuckle Brothers has died aged 73
- Suspected Russian spy found working in US embassy in Moscow
- Aishwarya continues to be Abhishek's 'favourite' | Aishwarya Rai | Abhishek Bachchan | Fanney Khan
- Facebook's Tinder-like dating service leaks out, see it here
- Higuain says only person who wanted him at Chelsea was Sarri
- Mass brawl outside Rangers' Ibrox Stadium in Glasgow ahead of Osijek game