It's also based on the latest AMD Vega design, whereas the Pro GPU is effectively an enhanced version of the original PlayStation 4 graphics core, with a number of additional features brought over from AMD's later Polaris and Vega designs.
As the #1 supplier of high-end processors and graphics to the gaming market, we are focused on how we can deliver products that power the ultimate gaming experiences. There's 8 MB of L3 cache and 2 MB of L2 cache and we can expect the CPU to feature a 35W TDP. This means we are looking at 1536 stream processors, clocked at 1.3 GHz. Those 24CUs also put this custom SoC on par with the Intel Kaby Lake G APU in terms of actual graphics silicon on chip. Integrated into the single chip is an 8GB GDDR5. Unlike the Intel solution that uses HBM2 on the same PCB, the GDDR5 chips are located on the board. The price for a complete PC including a 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD and Windows 10 would be 4,998 RMB, around 630 euros.
More specifically, these SoCs will initially go into gaming PCs and dedicated gaming consoles that will be released by Chinese firm Zhongshan Subor. The PC was recently demonstrated at ChinaJoy, the largest gaming and digital entertainment expo in Asia and China, and is scheduled to launch later this month. The SUBOR gaming console, with the same specifications as the company's gaming PC and a customized operating system will be available by the end of this year. AMD is working with Zhongshan Subor on the new chip, something that will be powering a "new gaming PC and upcoming console" in China.
AMD on Friday announced it has created a semi-custom Zen and Vega-based SoC for the Chinese gaming market.
The new SOC is also a great example of AMD's semi-custom strategy to take differentiated IP and tailor to meet the specific needs of a customer, ultimately creating a product only AMD can deliver.
Do you want to see a similar APU/SOC on the AM4 desktop platform?
- Profits up at IAG but French air traffic control strikes take toll
- Bangladesh police fire tear gas to disperse students protesting against road deaths
- MLB Rumors: Angels Manager Mike Scioscia To Step Down After This Season
- Iran protesters attack religious school in Karaj province
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson to square off in November
- China rejects United States demand to reduce Iran oil imports
- Transfer: Ernesto Valverde breaks silence on Paul Pogba's 'move' to Barcelona
- Police called on black student eating lunch at Smith College
- Iran’s Zarif Hits Back at US Navy over Misnaming of Persian Gulf
- No motive determined for Vegas shooting