That demo gave Square Enix the opportunity to make a few changes that would help the game to play better, and considering the critical acclaim and high number of Octopath Traveler sales, it worked out.
Thanks to your incredible support, Octopath Traveler has now shipped 1 million units globally, including Nintendo Switch eShop downloads. For the record, this including physical and digital copies sold. It has since become one of the top selling games for the Nintendo Switch.
The game is now available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
Unfortunately, despite how well the game seems to have done with the world, it doesn't seem as though Octopath Traveler will be receiving any future content. In the coming months, fans should expect the classic-style JRPG to be much easier to find on store shelves. The game released to relatively positive reviews across the board, and while it has been criticized for some shortcomings, it still has a respectable 85 average on review aggregate site OpenCritic.
- Hurricane Hector closing in on Hawaii and volcano
- Fortnite on Android will not use Google Play as a distribution platform
- Man Suspected Of Taunting Yellowstone Bison Arrested At Glacier National Park
- Profits up at IAG but French air traffic control strikes take toll
- People Are Getting Plastic Surgery to Look Like Snapchat Filters, Doctors Warn
- Police called on black student eating lunch at Smith College
- Youngest female jailed in UK for terrorism
- Trump promises to stay the course on tariffs
- TSMC expects virus incident to impact 3% of 3Q18 revenues
- No motive determined for Vegas shooting