That demo gave Square Enix the opportunity to make a few changes that would help the game to play better, and considering the critical acclaim and high number of Octopath Traveler sales, it worked out.
Thanks to your incredible support, Octopath Traveler has now shipped 1 million units globally, including Nintendo Switch eShop downloads. For the record, this including physical and digital copies sold. It has since become one of the top selling games for the Nintendo Switch.
The game is now available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
Unfortunately, despite how well the game seems to have done with the world, it doesn't seem as though Octopath Traveler will be receiving any future content. In the coming months, fans should expect the classic-style JRPG to be much easier to find on store shelves. The game released to relatively positive reviews across the board, and while it has been criticized for some shortcomings, it still has a respectable 85 average on review aggregate site OpenCritic.
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson to square off in November
- ‘Facts of Life’ actress Charlotte Rae dies at 92
- Manafort accountant with immunity admits having reservations about tax filings
- Trump promises to stay the course on tariffs
- Profits up at IAG but French air traffic control strikes take toll
- Hurricane Hector closing in on Hawaii and volcano
- MLB Rumors: Angels Manager Mike Scioscia To Step Down After This Season
- TSMC expects virus incident to impact 3% of 3Q18 revenues
- Sead Kolasinac delivers cruel injury blow to Arsenal on eve of season
- China rejects United States demand to reduce Iran oil imports